Wednesday, November 30, 2005

La Rosa, Bend Oregon

La Rosa Mexican Restaurant, Bend Oregon --

Ah, La Rosa. How do I love thee?

If you haven't been to La Rosa, get off your butt and go --

RIGHT NOW!

La Rosa is the most authentic Mexican food I've found outside of Mexico, yet without the lard and beans. The recipes are varied and delicious, from the halibut salad to the crab enchiladas.... you cannot go wrong with your choice here.

My favorite is the Camarones La Rosa - tons of gigantic, fresh prawns on true spanish rice in a traditional red sauce, topped with cheese and salsa. Pair it with the La Rosa house margarita, and you'll be wondering why you even attempt to eat at any other Mexican restaurant in town! This is NOT like El Caporal or El Rodeo or Ranchero -- it is NOTHING like those restaurants. Each dish is unique to La Rosa, and each dish has distinguishing flavors and spices unlike those you are used to in the many Mexican restaurants in Bend, Oregon.

The service is impeccable, the food is outstanding, and the prices are very reasonable.

La Rosa
1444 NW College Way
Bend, OR 97701
(541) 318-7210

4 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

The best thing about this place is the catus margarita. This is a favorite restaurant among my friends.

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, the best Mexican food around!

10:54 PM  
Blogger Simone said...

I've travelled wide and far, been to Mexico and back too many times than I care to remember - but La Rosa is indeed one of THE best Mexican restaurants I've come across - EVER.

My personal favorite - the Guacamole they prepare FRESH for you on a little tray. Delicious!

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also agree. Being a Mexican-American, it's hard to trust recommendations from people who are not, and La Rosa is the best in town. El Crap-oral, nah!

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home