Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Blue Fish Bistro

Blue Fish Bistro, Bend Oregon --

I know, I know -- AGAIN??? I just love this restaurant!

Tonight we decided to go to my favorite restaurant, and boring ol' me had the same thing as usual. Hey, why change perfection?

We started with the Ahi Firecrackers - flash-seared ahi diced and wrapped in soft nori, served with vinegar soaked cucumber noodles and a shoyu reduction and chili sauce. DELICIOUS!

For dinner, I had the seared halibut (which the server immediately reminded me was going "out of season very soon" BOO HOO HOO!) in a lemon-thyme buerre blanc, served with truffle mashed potatoes and julliened fall vegetables. This fish dish is magnificent, and one of my favorites.

DH changed his order up just a bit, with the Hoisen Stir-Fry served with the mashed potatoes and veggies instead of the regular Cantonese noodles. This dish consists of GIGANTIC fresh scallops and very large prawns in a sticky hoisen sauce. As usual, we were both impressed with the presentation, quality, and quantity of the dishes.

We both ate half of our meals, then boxed up the rest so that we could order dessert. Unfortunately, they were out of their decadent Tiramisu, so I left the choice up to DH -- after all, I was sure that everything else would pale in comparison to their perfect Tiramisu.

DH ordered some sort of chocolate custard. Basically, it was a bittersweet dark chocolate pudding style dessert with dried blueberries in it served with a burnt sugar crust (similar to Creme Brulee), homemade vanilla bean whipped cream, fresh strawberries and mint leaves. This dessert was so rich, so tantalizing, SO amazingly chocolately, that I could only eat a few spoonfuls before declaring myself ridiculously full.

We completely spaced picking up our to-go boxes, and so I'm pouting now, thinking that I'll end up having Campbells Soup for lunch instead of my left-overs. Bummer.

Appetizer, two glasses of VERY good Cabernet, two entrees, and dessert? Grand total of $84. With tip, our tab was $102. Ouch! Yet, we'll keep going back, and we'll always walk out satisfied and with great food memories....

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was there last night. Their new menu is great. The beef tenderloin is among the best I have ever had. Highly recommended.

3:16 PM  
Blogger BrENDa said...

The beef tenderloin went by our table, and even my vegetarian husband was drooling. It looked fantastic!

10:42 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

i need to go there during 3 for 23

GO TO ARIANA already~!

3:06 PM  
Blogger BrENDa said...

Ariana.

Fine, Shannon. We'll go there tonight if we have time. If not, we'll definitely go in the next four days. It's been awhile, and it would be a nice change of pace.

I'm not down with the "3 for $23"... what's that?

11:57 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

http://www.bendgusto.com/event.php

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blue Fish is simply the best place to eat in Bend!!! The staff, the location, the food, everything is perfect!

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home