Saturday, October 22, 2005

Cibelli's Pizza

Cibelli's Pizza, Bend Oregon --
Pizza is as close to Nirvana as one can get, according to DH. He claims that there is no such thing as "Bad Pizza", it's just that some are better than others. He also says this about beer, so now you can kind of understand the DH is just like your dear husband. Screw apple pie, hotdogs and Kool-Aid, the All-American meal is PIZZA AND BEER!

This being said, DH and I visited Cibelli's on the Eastside of Bend this afternoon to pick up lunch before heading to the dog park. We have enjoyed Cibelli's from the moment they opened their doors, and have learned to always order extra sauce, as they are a bit light on the saucing of their pies.

Today I ordered a Hero Sandwich, and DH got two slices. We waited about ten minutes, grabbed the to-go items, and took off with our mangy mutts to the new dog park at Big Sky park on Bend's Eastside.

Lunch was disappointing. My Hero Sandwich had absolutely NO marinara sauce -- it was just lettuce, tomatoes, green peppers, and the artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes I had paid extra for on a plain baguette. NO SAUCE! LAME! I was so bummed. I had even asked the gal at the counter to describe the sandwich, and she said there was tons of sauce and melted cheese on it. DH was so sweet -- "Here, have the other slice I ordered." I ate about four bites before catching his gaze and we both said in unision, "There's no sauce."

LAME!

I was so bummed. That was a spendy little take-out pizza expedition, and we ended up throwing it in the Dog Poo trash can at the dog park (where it belonged).

Hopefully we'll go back, ask for extra sauce on our pie, and be pleased again. Only then will I write that I like Cibelli's.

Love, BrENDa

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard that the owner of Cibelli's is a hothead and mean people, so I haven't eaten there.

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home