Saturday, September 17, 2005

Cascade Lakes Lodge



Cascade Lakes Restaurant, Bend Oregon --

The Cascade Lakes Lodge is the first casual eaterie off of the main drag from Mt.Bachelor. It's cozy and, well, "Lodg-y", with exposed log beams, shiny dark floors, and fireplaces throughout. The service is excellent (always is), the atmosphere is good, the food is average.

We went to the Lodge last night for dinner, and again I was not impressed. I had the Salmon Caesar Salad, which is actually the best thing I've had on the menu. The other people in my party had the Greek Salad, the Buffalo Wings, and the Chicken Burger. Ehhhh. Nothing to brag about. The beer, on the other hand, has been upgraded in my book to a solid 7 out of 10 stars. I love the 20" Brown Ale, and the Blonde Bombshell is creamy and wonderful. The 20" Brown was on the Nitro tap, so we tried that first (as I love a good beer without all of the bubbles to hinder a fast first pint!). I didn't care for it as much as I do the Irish Stout that they seasonally have on Nitro. That Irish Stout makes an impression!

Anyway, this is probably the twentieth time I've been to the Cascade Lakes restaurant, and I just wish that the food would catch up to the quality of the brews.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home