Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Red Robin


Red Robin Restaurant, Bend Oregon --


Why do I go here?

I know why. I have no choice when a group of people from the office plan lunch.

Today was a friend's birthday, and it was somehow decided that we'd partake in the over-zealous experience that is Red Robin. I didn't complain too much - I knew exactly what I'd order, I knew I'd pay too much for it, and I knew that they'd sing a silly little song afterwards.

Most of the gals ordered a half a salad, which surprisingly, was a good portion. It's still a seven-dollar salad, but at least it's semi-affordable. I ordered the Banzai Burger, "dude", no mayo. It's fine. Not bad, not good. Fine. It sounds a lot more fun in the menu description:

The Banzai Burger™Marinated in teriyaki and topped with grilled pineapple, Cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and mayo. Dude, you’ll be like, ready to ride the pipeline on O'ahu’s North Shore after you chomp on this!

I like the creative description. Can't you just imagine the geniuses behind THAT brainstorming session? A bunch of tight-asses in suits trying desperately to be "cool"? Dude! Like, That's Totally Awesome!

What's not awesome is paying $10 for a burger. I feel like I'm in that Carl's Jr. commercial "THE TEN DOLLAR BURGER, now only $3 at Carl's Junior". Only, I end up paying ten dollars. Well, twenty after tip and pitching in for the birthday lunch.

If I'm going to pay ten bucks for lunch, I want to go to Anthony's and get their Blackened Fish Tacos - served with homemade salsa and shredded cheese. YUM!

So Red Robin gets a big "NO" in my book unless you've got kids and want to get sloshed while out to dinner. Remember folks, Mc Donald's don't serve McBeer. Unless you're in New Orleans. When I lived there, it was such a treat to go through the drive-thru and get a McBud to-go. Frothy, tasty, and oh-so-wrong. Hey, I was nineteen! What did I know?

Cheers!

Red Robin Restaurant
625 SW Powerhouse Drive
Bend, Oregon 97702
(541) 382-9234

2 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

LOVE the new design! You know who has the best salads? Quiznos. Call me lame but I love their Black Angus and Blue Cheese salad

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy reading your views & reviews. How would I get in touch with you to discuss the Red Robin? You gotta admit, it fills a niche for families to dine out. Can we talk? Would it help if I told you I am the owner?

I've never commented on a blog before and don't even know if you read comments or how you would get in touch with me. Would really welcome the opportunity to talk with you.

2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home